Jobs at Liberation Nutrition
Eating Disorder Dietitian, Independent Contractor
Liberation Nutrition is a HAES aligned, small specialist eating disorder treatment dietetic practice in Sutherland Shire.
We’re always looking to welcome a new APD who has training and experience in this niche area, but more importantly LOVES the work. We want to welcome a colleague who believes recovery is possible for everyone, and is a confident anti-diet advocate. We offer:
- Flexibility, eg to work around family/ other employment
- A supportive team, to grow with and debrief with 😉
- The option to be involved with group programs. We have established programs (interrupted by COVID, continuing with online options), but if you have big ideas we'd love to help you execute them!
- Freedom to exercise your clinical judgement- without the admin burden of running a private practice!
1-3 days/wk, incl 1 evening. Some remote work is negotiable for as long as telehealth item numbers are in effect.
- Sufficient training and experience to be able to practice safely and confidently with all main eating disorder presentations unsupervised. (Further details about competence to practice in eating disorder treatment is documented in the DAA Eating Disorders Role Statement).
This position is unfortunately not suitable for new grads, and only applicants with specific and relevant experience will be considered.
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of how to integrate HAES concepts with eating disorder treatment, provide a weight-inclusive service, and respectfully advocate for patients with their other treatment providers via phone/ written reports.
- Able to teach intuitive eating & mindful eating concepts to assist patients to normalise eating and respond to internal cues when clinically appropriate.
- Able to assist patients with improving their body image, within scope.
- Training and experience in delivering Maudsley FbT, or experience with facilitating group treatments in an ED setting will be viewed favourably, but are not essential.
- Demonstrated commitment to own professional development in HAES and eating disorders. (Please list relevant & recent training completed).
- Willing and available to respond to patient enquiries on occasion, rebook your own patients, and contribute time towards marketing yourself and the practice/ developing and maintaining relationships with other providers.
- Must be an APD and eligible for Medicare provider status, with ABN, and own public liability and professional indemnity insurances, with $10Mil coverage.
- Must supply own laptop, mobile phone, and mobile internet access.
As an independent contractor, you'll be paid as a percentage of fees you bill. We use a sliding scale model to make pay rates more equitable.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a copy of your CV, plus a short expression of interest covering the position requirements above, (along with anything else you’d like to include in support of your application!) to practice owner, Emma ('first name' at 'url').
Thanks so much for your interest!